2 Cauliflower heads (small to medium, approximately 10 cups)
1 Broccoli head (or 2 small, approximately 4 cups)
4 Carrots (large)
1 Curly Parsley Bunch (1-2 cups approximately)
2 tbsp Flax Seeds (ground)
2 cups Chickpea Flour
2 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Himalayan Salt
4 tsp Smoked Paprika
Not So Crabby Cakes PREPARATION:
1. In a large pot boil water with 1 tsp HImalayan Salt.
2. Separate Cauliflower and Broccoli florets from the stem, clean by discarding any rough or hard parts and dice in large chunks, including the stems. Wash and set aside.
3. Peel the carrots and shred on the fine option.
4. Add the Cauliflower, and Broccoli stems to the pot with boiled water and decrease the temperature to low; let lightly boil for about 10-15 minutes with the lid closed until the Cauliflower gets softer, but not too mushy. When the Cauliflower is lightly boiled add the Broccoli Florets and let it sit in the hot water for 3 minutes, then discard the water fully.
5. Use the potato masher to mash Cauliflower and Broccoli. You might need to slice Broccoli Stems further to smaller chunks. Add shredded Carrot, and finely chopped Curly Parsley, stir.
6. Mix in all the spices and stir until well combined; add the ground Flax Seeds; set aside for 5 minutes for the liquid to be absorbed.
7. Now combine the Chickpea Flour; stir until the mixture starts to clamp together. If you notice it is still too wet, add more Chickpea Flour to absorb any leftover moisture.
8. Form the patties/cakes using about 1/4 cup of mixture. Place them on a plate before frying.
9. Fry the patties/cakes on the non-stick pan on the stove, medium high temperature. You can add a bit of Coconut Oil to the pan for easier frying. Depending on the pan and the stove the time might vary for frying approximately on each side 2 minutes until golden brown.
Best served lukewarm with side Green Salad and Avocado Dip. What also works great is to use the Not So Crabby Cakes instead of a burger in a sandwich.