1 cup Oat Flour
1/3 cup Tapioca Starch
2 tbsp Whole Psyllium Husks
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
4-5 tbsp Water
2 tbsp Flax-meal (or make your own by fine grinding Flaxseeds)
1/4 tsp Cardamom
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Walnuts (optional)
1 tbsp Maple Syrup (optional)
Applicious Strudel PREPARATION:
- Mix dry ingredients for the crust and add Coconut Oil (solid or a bit softened). With a fork, work in the Coconut Oil until the mixture becomes crumbly, then add the water and knead with hands until a dough forms.
- Cover a flat surface, preferably wooden cutting board, with a parchment paper, approximately 20” by 12” big, and place the dough ball on top of it. Take another piece of parchment paper (same size) and place it on the top of the dough.
- With a dough roller flatten the crust until it is about 1/4 inch thick, evenly. With a knife cut out a rectangle shape while utilizing excess dough for the spots that are uneven and roll over those until they flatten. You are aiming for 9” x 12“ rectangle spread out crust. Use your creative ways to achieve it.
- Preheat an oven to 350° F
- To make an Applicious Strudel FILLING: wash and shred the Apples, add the remaining ingredients listed under the FIlling, and gently stir. If using Walnuts it is recommended to ground them.
- Next, spread the filling on top of the flattened crust surface evenly. Use one side of the parchment paper edge to roll it away from yourself to the other edge of the crust forming a cylinder log. When finished, cut the extra parchment paper around the strudel edges, so there are 2 inches of parchment paper left on each side. It is easy now to lift the strudel log up and place it into the strudel baking dish, and then into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- When Applicious Strudel is baked, leave it on the cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- The leftovers, if any, can be stored in the air tight container either in the cool place or in the fridge.
Enjoy! It is one of my favourite desserts this fall.
3 thoughts on “Applicious Strudel”
Thank you for this very useful information. I learned a lot in this webpage. Thank you very much.
You list in the recipe “1/4 coconut oil” is that 1/4 cup or 1/4 tsp.? Not sure.
Thank you so much for catching this, it is 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, I will make sure this typo is corrected. Hope this recipe works out for you, it is one of my favourites.