A nourishing medley of vegetables to soothe the soul.
4 cups of pre-soaked mixed Beans and Lentils
4 pieces of Kombu Sea Weed
1 small Zucchini
4 sticks Celery
1 large Carrot (or 5 small carrots)
4 cloves Garlic
2 inch piece Turmeric
1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
Any other spices as you see it fit such as: Cumin, Black Pepper
Earthly Soup Preparation:
- Pre-soak Beans/Lentils overnight in cold water at room temperature. Rinse prior to using.
- Place a large pot, filled half way with water, on the stove top to boil. Add Kombu Sea Weed and mixed Beans/Lentils.
- Let the Beans/Lentils mix cook on low-medium heat for about 1.5 hours. Discard the cooked water at the end of cooking.
- In a ceramic pot heat 1 tbsp of Avocado Oil, and then add in this order:
- Minced Garlic, diced Turmeric, diced Celery Sticks, cut in circles Carrot, grated Zucchini, 1 cup of boiled water and 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt and/or 1 tsp Black Pepper and 1 tsp Cumin.
- Stir and let it all simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine pre-cooked Beans/ Lentil mix, Kombu Seaweed and let it cook for another few minutes.
The Earthly Soup is ready to serve.