Day 4: If you like to impress, these Ginger Wins the Race cookies will surely be the prize.
1-1⁄2 cup Raw Almonds
1⁄4 cup Arrowroot Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1⁄2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp ground Ginger
1⁄2 tsp Cinnamon
1⁄4 cup Maple Syrup or Yakon Syrup
Ginger Wins the Race Preparation:
- Mill the Almonds into flour using the grain processor.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, in the order that they are listed, until the batter is formed.
- Knead the batter with your hands until a dough is formed. Add 1 tbsp of water, if needed, to help bind the dough further.
- Form 1/2-inch balls and place them onto a parchment- lined baking tray, approximately 2 inches apart from one another.
- You can also roll out the dough between 2 sheets of wax paper and cut out different shapes of cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ̊F/176 ̊C and bake the cookies for 10 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.
- After removing the Ginger Wins the Race cookies from the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes on the cooling rack before serving.